Bible: the dedication of the temple
US Geography: It Happened in America - Louisiana. Every day when we do this we review previous states and capitols.
Math - Annalise did some in MUS Alpha, Abel has been working in Miquon's Yellow Book, Luke has been skimming through MUS Delta, with lots of skipping pages when he's got a concept. Kezzi and Hope are still doing great with their Teaching Textbook programs.
Typing with Typing Instructor(boys)
Reading: Kezzi - Ourselves & Elements of Style, Hope - Daughter of the Land < both enter something in their Learning Log, Luke - Ginger Pye, Abel - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Annalise - The Beginner's Bible
History: D'Aulaire's Greek Myths audio with boys and Annalise, they look at the pictures in the paperback copy while listening; Kezzi - Never Give In; Hope - Ancient Romans
Science/Writing: Kamana studies - time at secret spots then they came in and divided their notebook page into 4 columns - sight, sound, smell and touch - and recorded things they observed in those columns.
Language Arts: Kezzi - Our Mother Tongue and Format Writing
Read Aloud: Education of Little Tree - 1 ch. Quite a bit of the word "damn" in this and the last chapter was all about whiskey making - just to forewarn anyone who might read our daily log and choose some of the same books.
Candace came home and whisked everyone away to the park for a little P.E. playing frisbee.
Film: Hoosiers
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How do you like the book "It Happened in America"? I have not seen this one and am always interested in good geography resources.
We are enjoying it. For each state there is a short section on its history (ie when it became a state, nicknames, etc.) and then a story that is about someone or something from that state. For example, the story about Kentucky was all about Mammoth Cave.
I like that it gives us a taste of each state. I'm using Reader's Digest Atlas of America along with it to get a look at the map and some kind of pictures. We have also occasionally looked up pictures online.
Thanks for your review. I checked and I can get it from our library. I have requested it - it may be just what I was looking for.
Post a Comment