Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Bible

Classic: Finished Through the Looking Glass (Thankfully, it's over)

**Kezzi had an extended trip to the chiropractor and missed school except for her Kamana studies.

Math

Science/Writing: last night's Kamana exercise and today's morning exercise and the girls and I listened to tape one of Seeing Through Native Eyes on the way to the lake - it's got so much "one with the earth" kind of stuff in it that I didn't care for the younger kids to listen to it.

Reading: Hope - Fallacy Detective with Learning Log, Luke - Mystery at Smoky Mountain, Abel - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Annalise - Greg's Microscope

We went to the lake to enjoy the last warm day for a while. We saw all kinds of LIFE, which was our Kamana assignment today. I identified a wildflower I had never seen before - dwarf blue flag. It was so cute, like one of my irises in miniture. We also saw salamander eggs, a huge toad, a large mouth bass, violets, fire pinks, buttercups, and some small mammal tracks that we couldn't identify right near the edge of the lake.

Bedtime Read Aloud: dad finished The Great Brain with the boys

No comments: