Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Morning Read Aloud: The Sherwood Ring

Bible

Math: regular programs.

I bought Annalise the next level (B) of RightStart Math and started that with her today, skimming over the first few lessons to find a place where she would be learning something. I plan to alternate this with Miquon. She's almost finished with the Orange book and will be heading into the Red one soon. She loved math when we were using RightStart and since that's been waning, I thought I'd pick back up with that. It's very teacher intensive and math is not my favorite subject but this is my last chance to try and encourage a kid to like math. :)

Nature Literature: Wild Animals I Have Known - 1/2 of chapter 3, Raggylug: The Story of a Cottontail Rabbit

Writing: The boys did a written narration of above reading and Annalise illustrated a scene from the story a wrote a few sentences about it.

Reading: We skipped personal reading time in favor of more of the Morning Read Aloud.
*Annalise read again from Sword in the Tree and Nature Reader #1.
**And a small miracle - Abel has been reading some during his free time (my boys never read for pleasure because they'd rather be outside no matter the weather). Kezzi started reading Dragon Rider to him and then dropped the ball, so Abel's been reading it on his own. Yeah!


Science/Drawing: Nature Journaling - We all drew the red-bellied woodpecker that's been visiting our bird bath, which has been doubling as an extra bird feeder because the kids have been dumping sunflower seeds in it.

No comments: