Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wednesday, Janurary 9, 2008

This morning I posted a list of everything I wanted to do today for school on the white board. Abel asked if we could do things in a different order than we usually do so I let the boys take turns choosing which thing we would do next and crossed them off as we did them.

Morning Read Aloud: The Sherwood Ring - this is getting fun.

Bible

Art: Watercolor for the Artistically Undiscovered. I bought one of these for each of the boys and myself. Annalise painted along with us on blank watercolor paper. Today we finished the first couple pages, which were just exploratory. I thought these books might appeal to the boys because you paint directly in the books and the paints are also attached. One of they boys was enthusiastic and the other, who complains about almost everything but shall remain nameless, was not happy about having to follow the directions of "just paint without thinking".
History: George Washington's World pgs. 81 - 85 and This Country of Ours ch. 49
Writing: copied poem of choice

Math: The boys worked in their math books. Annalise helped me bake scones for tea time and we talked about fractions as we measured ingredients and cut the scones into eighths.

Reading: biographies

Tea Time with Shakespeare reading: I read The Winter's Tale in Tales From Shakespeare. We had homemade cream-of-chicken soup and scones with some of the Pecan Honey Jelly that we bought in Gatlinburg last weekend. Yum!
Annalise also read from The Sword In the Tree and Nature Reader#1. I also read to her from Paddle to the Sea.

No comments: