Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday, February 16, 2007

(I'm down today with a mean cold, so not much school was done today.)

Bible

Poem

Read Aloud: Swallowdale

Math - regular math

Writing: Freewrite on Ancient Egypt; Kezzzi wrote about Hiroshima; Annalise copied her name, address and phone number

History: Egypt notebook page; Kezzi finished Hiroshima - yeah!

Music: listened to Mozart while doing notebook pages

Girls go to dance this afternoon.

My personal reading: last night I skimmed through Anne of Green Gables to find once again, that it is virtually word for word the same as the movie so I moved on to Anne of Avonlea. I have never read the Anne series mostly because I did not enjoy reading what I had already heard and seen. I'm not one of those who usually enjoys rereading anything. I also read the first chapter of How to Read Slowly but I should find a book called Finish What You Start. Maybe if I also use this blog to record my personal reading I will be inspired to reach higher and possibly finish something. I've been in a terrible rut lately of reading a little here and a little there of a variety of things, but never really reading through anything. There are about ten books on my nightstand right now and many of them have been started....

1 comment:

zach caddy said...

Hey,
I'm one of those people that read things several times. I forget most of the details b/t reads. For my mind, it's a new world every day. I always start fresh. It sure does make it hard to use study methods other than cramming tho...
zach