Bible: started Psalms today
Geography: Read a section out of It Happened in America (Georgia)
Reading: Everyone read for a while...Hope chose a nature book to read today: Wild Animals At Home and the boys continued on with their books...Kezzi finished her health book
Music: We read a couple of chapters in a biography about Mozart and listened to some of his music
Language Arts: Hope and the boys worked in the LLATL books. Hope is beginning the gray book, Luke the tan book, and Abel the purple book - all old editions. Kezzi did dictation from Spelling Wisdom.
History: Hope read a chapter out of the Rushdoony text on Ancient Egypt. Luke and Abel read chapter 8 from SOTW v.1
Annalise has a stomach bug so she was down for the morning but by afternoon was feeling a little better. She enjoyed looking at one of our bird field guides and I am amazed at how effortlessly she has learned the names of so many birds, mostly because we have an extremely active bird feeder. I read her a story from James Herriot's Treasury. We also worked on an easy poem she is supposed to memorize.
Abel spent some time working with his polymer clay.
Luke had fun looking at things under the microscope that I set up on the desk in the corner of the dining area. He was especially facinated by the slide of blood. I knew if I made this more available, it would get used more (especially by Luke).
The girls had dance this afternoon. It's almost 70 degrees outside so the boys spent the entire afternoon outdoors enjoying the weather.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment