Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bible

Read Aloud: The Golden Goblet - 3 ch. The kids begged for more of this today so I obliged.

Math - regular programs, Annalise worked on Math U See's website using the online drill and I printed a couple of worksheets for her.

Reading - everyone continues on in their books

Science - boys made their toothed and baleen whales out of clay for the ocean box

History - Hope and I read chapter 1, God and Israel, of Rushdoony's A Christian Survey of World History, in preparation to listen to tape 2 in his lectures. We need to read the first three chapters before we listen to the tape. Kezzi plodded on with Hiroshima, which she is not enjoying, thus the slow pace. She should finish it this week though.

Physical Activity: The kids enjoyed the 60 degree temps today, especially since we are expecting cold the rest of the week. The girls and I went for a walk and boys played outside all afternoon.

Movie: We watched Lassie this evening. It followed the book somewhat. I was a little disappointed that Mrs. Carraclough was not at all like the book. And the ending in the movie wasn't near as good as the ending in the book. But you can't expect to watch a movie based on a book and not have some complaints.

After the movie I read the three youngers 4 chapters of Mr. Popper's Penguins and they were all begging for more - of course, it tends to go that way most often when the choice is bed or continue with the reading. :)

2 comments:

zach caddy said...

How in the world would you sculpt the clay so you can see the difference b/t toothed and baleen? Wow. Yikes. Impressive.
zach

Lisa said...

They did not scuplt the actual teeth or baleen but the kind of whale that falls into each category. Luke did make a mistake and scuplted a narwhal, which is a toothed whale when he was supposed to make the baleen whale. I think he just really thought the narwhal was so cool with it's unicorn. Abel made a dolphin, which falls under the toothed category. He cut it in half so he could make it look like it was diving under the water. I'll post a picture when they get further along in the project.