I'm realizing that there are quite a few things that happen throughout the week that I forget to record and the kids do things on their own and often I don't even know about it. For example, both Kezzi and Hope do a lot of extra reading and journaling and some blogging. But at least this is giving me a look at our official "school" type activities.
Also, I've been trying to find a balance between doing things together, where I mostly do the reading aloud, versus the kids doing their own reading. These last couple of weeks it's been too heavy on me reading aloud too much. By the end of the morning, I'm usually too tired to do much with Annalise and even though Priscilla is reading with her every morning, I still want to be available to do things with her too. This week we are making some adjustments and the kids are going to do more of their own reading. This will be especially good for the boys, who need a lot more practice reading their own books.
Bible - everyone read from their own Bibles today; the boys used their Rod and Staff readers and Annalise used her Beginners Bible. We are thinking of switching on and off every other day, one day reading together, the next on our own. Everyone likes both ways so we thought maybe this would give us the best of both worlds.
Read Aloud - another chapter of Swallowdale,which the boys and I are bored to death with. We are quitting it and thinking of starting Alice and Wonderland tomorrow.
Math - everyone as usual. Annalise did a page in her Miquon orange book.
Science - Hope worked on a notebook page, the boys and I read Swimming Creatures together
Writing/Grammar - Great Editing Adventure with the boys, Hope worked in Learning Language Arts Through Literature's gray book (old version) and Kezzi worked in Our Mother Tongue
Reading: Abel and Luke continued on with their books, Hope read Fallacy Detective, Kezzi- Mircrobe Hunters
Historical Fiction - Hittite Warrior, Kezzi read So Far From the Bamboo Grove again today
This evening we went to a play that our cousin's cousin wrote and starred in. The kid's cousin, Joshua was also in it. It was put on by all of the kids in our former church. It was real cute and funny. We all enjoyed ourselves.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment