Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday, February 23, 2007

Bible: Listened to Hymn Fairest Lord Jesus, read a Psalm

2 ch. in Alice in Wonderland (this one is prompting lots of giggles)

Reading: Kezzi started a biography of Amy Carmichael, Hope read Daughter of the Land and the boys are still working on their books. Abel was noting the hardships of Mark Twain's early life. A good result of reading about the lives of others is sometimes realizing how good you have it...

Science/Art/Writing: Nature Journaling - we chose a tree to study through the seasons and today they went outside, sketched the bare tree, wrote down their observations and painted a twig in their journals.

Girls had dance again. The boys ran wild outside while Candace and I did some house cleaning and got the house ready for our guests Saturday night (with whom we had a blast with, btw).

1 comment:

zach caddy said...

Hey,
I use Fallacy Detectives for logic as well. Swallowdale is a former read-aloud of ours, and I listened to about half of it before I figured out it was a waste of time. How was Bridge to Terebithia? I've heard varying reviews...
zach