Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bible: everyone on own

Classic Read Aloud: started Alice in Wonderland

Math: all as usual

Typing practice for boys

Science: Kezzi - Bird Biology, Hope - worked on Biology notebook page, Luke - Nature Reader #5 (ch. on blood)and narrated to me, Abel read some of ch. 1 (bones) of My Listening Ears out loud to me and I read the rest to him and he also spent some time looking at our Magic Schoolbus Explores the Senses.

Language Arts: Hope and boys -LLATL, Kezzi wrote a narration of what she learned from her Health book

Historical Fiction read aloud: Hittite Warrior

Reading - boys continued on with their books, Kezzi finished How the Heather Looks, Hope read Screwtape Letters

We spent a good part of the afternoon on various cleaning jobs, many of which were outside.

Mr. Potts and I played Whoonu with the boys in the evening. Then the boys played Name That State with Mr. Potts.

The girls went to see The Bridge to Terbithia. Priscilla came home and read to Annalise, who was so tired of being in her bed for the last two days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've often thought through the years that LLATL looked interesting and was was something I might like. How are you all liking it. And, in an earlier blog, you mentioned Annalise putting things into her "reading journal." Does she do anything besides copy the book title into it? I'm loving this daily journal.

Lisa said...

I like the older versions of LLATL, which is what we are using. The newer versions are a more of a workbook format. My reasons for getting these out again are 1) we will cover some things that I don't think to cover and 2) with someone else writing the lessons the boys will be less resistant and not try to talk me out of assigning them so much. They seem to be enjoying it too.

Annalise's reading journal is mostly made up of titles and dates. We make a note of who read the book to her, unless she reads it herself, which is starting to happen more and more now. Occasionally, I write down some of her comments about the book.