*This weekend I did finish reading The Year of Miss Agnes to Annalise. And last night at bedtime Mr. Potts and I started reading The Story of the Trapp Family Singers. We took turns reading aloud to each other. I'm excited about the two of us reading together and I hope we keep it up.
Bible
Poem from Poetry for a Lifetime
Read Aloud: 1 ch. of The Golden Goblet
Priscilla read Best Christmas Pageant Ever to boys and Annalise
Math: regular math for everyone
Science: Swimming Creatures with boys, Hope worked on Biology, Kezzi - Bird Biology
Writing: boys - science notebook page on baleen whales, Hope - copied poem into her poetry anthololgy. Kezzi's assignment was to use Writer's Inc to choose some new writing form to try. She chose story writing and worked on a story that she had previously started. She was excited because she said Writer's Inc helped her and gave her some new ideas. I think I will let her work on that as much as she would like during her writing time this week, and probably even until she is finished. She spent a lot of school time today on this, along with quite a bit of her free time.
Reading: Abel - Mark Twain, Luke- Toliver's Secret, Hope - a chapter from Shadow Spinner and The Giver
History: with Annalise, Abel, Luke and Hope - SOTW ch. 5 and pg. 33- 39 of Streams of Civilization about Sumer; colored map of Sumer/Mesopotamia, looked at the Sumer sections in some of our Usborne books
It warmed up nicely today and we all enjoyed some outdoor time. Priscilla and I even managed to squeeze in a walk this afternoon.
Monday, February 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey,
I really enjoy the story of the Trapp family singers. The movie is so disapointing, partly b/c I'm not a big fan of their style, and partly b/c they only share some of the most boring parts of the story. They missed out on the good stuff.
Also, it's cool to know how many similarities there are b/t our days and our curriculum uses.
Zach
Post a Comment