We have a tradition of taking off school on birthdays and today was Priscilla's 18th. So we slept in a little and then spent the morning playing games and preparing for the birthday dinner. A couple of the girls had to go to dance for a couple of hours in the afternoon.
Then we had extended family over for dinner and rushed out the door to go ice skating. We all had a grand time. I had not been iceskating for 20 years! Some of my younger kids had never been but took to it quickly. Annalise cried when she had to come off the rink because she didn't want to leave.
Since we traded in our big 15 passenger van for two minivans, I enjoy travel time talking with the children who are riding with me. The girls and I had a nice time last night talking and listening to music.
When we came home, at around 11:00, Priscilla performed a dance for all of us to this song. It was very beautiful and touching. Everyone went to bed, but Candace, Priscilla and I stayed up until about 2am laughing and talking.
Thursday, February 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment